Salén Ship Management is committed to protect the safety of our passengers, crew and the environment. We are committed to operate in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, and to continuously improve the quality and safety of our services while adhering to applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We endeavour to participate in and support the development of technology and systems that improve safety and which promote the protection of life, property and the environment.
Goals of the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy:
- To recycle and re-use materials to the extent practicable.
- To prevent the occurrence of accidents and incidents involving harm to people, damage to property or pollution.
- To identify and remedy potentially unsafe working conditions, equipment, procedures and practices.
- To investigate and analyse accidents, incidents and hazardous occurrences and take necessary corrective actions in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- To evaluate the use of environmentally friendly materials and equipment whenever practically possible.
- To dispose of garbage and waste materials in accordance with national and international rules and regulations.
- To encourage personnel to make “Suggestions for Improvement” to our Safety & Environmental Management Systems.
The primary objective of the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy is Prevention!
Salén Ship Management have established a documented Safety & Environmental Management System that identifies the responsibilities of personnel and the procedures necessary to meet our goals.
The Management will regularly review the system and make amendments as required to ensure that our goals can be met and that we continue to comply with all applicable rules and regulations. Personnel are encouraged to report any accidents, incidents or non-conformities that can impact our commitment to the safety of life and the protection of the environment.